Baccarat is also known as Baccara and is a popular card game played at casinos. You...
If you want to feel like 007 for some time, playing a James Bond favorite isn’t going to hurt. FairPlay presents Baccarat online. Now you can play baccarat online for money from the comfort of your home.
The baccarat game is purely based on chance and thus great for beginners. So, rest your mind and enjoy the thrill of luck! No, you do not need to be a strategist at all.
Sit back, relax and guess! Yes, that is all you need to do to win this game. Two people are dealt the cards, and you have to choose which of them would win – the Banker’s hand or the Player’s hand. The winning hand has the highest points out of nine – the highest one could score.
The Four Elements of Baccarat
There can be seven or fourteen players at the table. However, only two hands of cards are dealt in the game. Every player has a betting area.
The three betting areas
There are three kinds of bets you can put:
- The Banker’s hand would win.
- The Player’s hand would win.
- It would be a tie.
You can bet on any one of the three. Follow your intuition!
A dealer is a person heading over the game. She/He shall deal with the cards. They usually stand at the center of the table.
The commission box
To play baccarat online for money, you need to give 5% of your money on winning bets on the Banker’s hand to the dealer. This is the only commission we charge.
Baccarat Game points and their Cards
- Any face cards (King, Queen, or Joker) and ten give you no points.
- Meanwhile, aces give you one point.
- And cards numbered 2-9 are worth their face value.
Addition of Points
When you reach double digits after summing up your score, only the second digits (in the one’s place) count. Thus, a hand of 8 and 9 would become 7. And the bet closest to the hand would be the winner.
Steps to Play Baccarat Online
- Have your game plan.
- Place your bet before the cards are dealt.
- Know how rounds proceed and when a third card is drawn.
- Understand the winning hand.
Step 1: Start with Game Plan
You need a game plan customized as per your needs. Creating a game plan has three rules:
- As exciting as Baccarat is, you can get carried away. That is precisely why you need to set your budget and walkaway limit beforehand. Instead of looking at the money as an investment, look at it as money you’d spend on a fun night out with your friends.
Step 2: Place your bet
You have three options to guess from
- It gives you even money for winning on a Banker’s hand. After this 5% of this winning money goes to commission.
- Similarly, you get even money for a Player’s hand. Except you do not have to pay any commission here.
- In case of a tie, the winning amount is 8 to 1.
Step 3: How does a Round work?
After bets are placed, four cards are dealt. Out of this, two cards are put aside in the Player’s box and the other two in the Banker’s box.
If the total points are 8 or 9 with the first two cards for either the Banker or the Player, it is a clear win. It is called a Natural win, and the bets are paid.
Drawing the Third Card
A third card is drawn only when the sum of the points is neither 8 nor 9. In such a case, the dealer may draw a card on one hand or each hand depending on the total.
Unlike other gambling games, rules for drawing a third card in Baccarat are relatively simpler.
Third Card Rules
Rules for Player
- The player always goes first
- The banker’s hand depends on the player’s outcome.
- If the Player’s total turns out to be 8 or 9, it is a clear win and the banker doesn’t need to go.
- The Player’s hand always stands on point totals of 6 or 7.
- If the total turns out to be between 0-5, a third card is drawn if the banker’s total doesn’t turn out to be 8 or 9.
Rules for Banker
- If the banker’s total is between 0-2, a third card is drawn unless the player draws a natural 8 or 9.
- If the total is 3, the bank draws a card in case the player drew any card between 0-9 except 8. In the case of an 8, the bank stands.
- If the total is 4, cards 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 6 – 7 allow the bank to draw a card. While all other cards like 0 – 1 – 8 – 9 make the bank stand.
- If the total is 5, the bank draws a third card if the card drawn by the Player is 4 – 5 – 6 – 7. However, in the case of a 0 – 1 – 2 – 3 – 8 – 9, the bank stands.
- If the total is 6, a third card is drawn if the player drew a 6 or 7 card. The Bank stands when the Player’s third card is 0 – 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 8 – 9.
- In the case of a sum of 7, the bank stands.
- 8 or 9 are natural numbers and do not need a third card to be drawn.
Step 4: A Winning Hand
- The hand closest to 8 or 9 always wins.
- Neither hand gets more than three cards.
- In a tie, no one wins or loses and the dealer pays the wins and losses.
- The dealers take commissions only from the banker’s hand. The commission is only 5% of the banker’s winning bet.
Baccarat Dragon Tiger
The dragon tiger baccarat is one of the most popular variations of Baccarat. However, it is often said that the baccarat dragon tiger closely resembles casino war instead of the baccarat.
In this game, a third card is never drawn. Additionally, instead of banker and player, the two hands are called the dragon and tiger. Also, the points on the cards are different from traditional baccarat.
The dragon tiger baccarat allows only two cards with three possible outcomes. That is, either the dragon or the tiger would win, or it would turn out to be a tie.
How to Play Baccarat Dragon Tiger?
- It is played with a standard 52 card deck.
- No jokers or wilds are used.
- King and queen are used and have the highest value.
- The dealer places two cards face-up on the table, and the higher card wins.
- The rank and order of the cards follow their numerical value.
- Thus, aces are low while 10, Q, K are the highest.
Most of the outcomes turn out to be a tie, and many bets are placed on it. If you place a bet on a tie and the two hands are equal in rank regardless of the suit, your main bet is returned, and the Tie wins a payout of a solid 11:1. If both the Dragon and Tiger cards turn out to be equal in value and suit, it’s a Suited Tie. In such a case, you get a huge payout of 50:1 after half of your main bet is returned!
Looking for a chance to experience the highs and thrills of Dragon Tiger baccarat from the comfort of your home? Your biggest baccarat online real money winnings are just a click away!